What is Healthcare Law in New York City?
Healthcare is one of the most stringently regulated industries in the United States. State and federal regulations are in constant flux, especially with the advent of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). In this environment, having knowledgeable, experienced legal counsel is essential. With years of experience representing healthcare providers, we at The Rybak Firm, PLLC are well-equipped to meet your company’s specific needs. Our practice in this field encompasses a broad range of potential issues, including:
- Working with healthcare providers trying to collect reimbursement for services to patients: A substantial portion of our practice involves making sure that insurance companies pay our clients for the work they have performed. We have successfully represented numerous clients in no-fault litigation and arbitration matters.
- Representing healthcare professionals facing complaints before the Office of Professional Discipline (OPD) or the Office of Professional Medical Conduct (OPMC): These organizations investigate allegations of professional misconduct. Our Brooklyn healthcare law lawyers work closely with our clients to provide the strongest possible defense to these accusations.
- Practice formation and corporate structure: Due to the regulatory environment, properly structuring a medical business is extremely important. Our attorneys can develop appropriate strategies to protect individuals from personal liability, as well as account for tax considerations and other important issues involved in the company’s formation.
- Regulatory compliance: There are a wide array of state and federal regulations that govern the healthcare profession, and failure to adhere to these laws can lead to fines and heightened scrutiny and oversight from regulators. Our attorneys constantly monitor developments and changes in the laws and regulations, and are ready and able to help your company take appropriate measures to ensure compliance.
- Buying and selling a medical practice: Under New York law, a medical business must be owned by a medical professional, such as someone who holds a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO). Our law firm can help you plan for these and other potential obstacles and structure the transaction appropriately.
Within each of these areas, our clients can place their trust in our attorneys to take the appropriate measures to achieve their objectives in a timely, cost-efficient fashion. Our depth and breadth of experience creates value and offers meaningful benefits to our clients.
Contact The Rybak Firm, PLLC
Call (718) 307-5554 or complete our contact form to schedule a consultation.