Personal Injury Lawyer Brooklyn NY Representing Injured Victims in New York
Our firm offers Personal Injury and variety of other legal services and representation for a diverse clientele in New York City. Below is a general overview of some of the service areas we handle. To speak to an experienced New York personal injury lawyer about your case, contact us using our online contact form or by calling (718) 307-5554.
Whenever someone has suffered an injury because of another party’s negligence, New York statutes provide the victims with the right to pursue compensation for their losses from the at-fault party. The same applies when your loved one dies because of another’s negligence. The legal community refers to this as wrongful death. In either case, you have the option to file a suit or claim to seek financial recovery for your loss.
Our Personal Injury Law Firm has the background, skill set, and resources necessary to handle any type of accident or injury case. Below are just a few examples.
- Car accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Construction Accident NYC
- Medical malpractice
The healthcare system in America is highly regulated and always undergoing changes and reform. It is essential for providers in this day and age to ensure they have a good working relationship with a healthcare law attorney who is on top of changing legislation and regulations, and that is fully capable of handling any legal issues that may arise.
Below are some of the services and counsel we routinely provide to medical providers.
- We can help providers obtain the payments they are due from insurance companies.
- We can handle all types of insurance disputes and help settle the issue via negotiation, mediation, arbitration, or litigation.
- We can provide counsel regarding corporate structures, planning, and the sale or purchase of a medical practice.
- We can counsel providers on best practices for shielding liability and handling tax matters.
- We can help ensure compliance with both federal and state regulations.
- We can represent practitioners before the Office of Professional Discipline (OPD) or the Office of Professional Medical Conduct (OPMC) when facing complaints of misconduct or when under investigation.
Our firm also represents businesses and individuals when their disputes rise to the point of litigation. Not only can we counsel you on your legal options, draft and file documents, and provide representation in court, but we can advise you on useful strategies and the potential long- and short-term implications of legal action.
We handle a wide array of civil matters, including the following.
- Business partner disputes
- Breaches of contract
- Real estate construction disputes
- Breaches of vendor agreements
- Co-op board disputes
- Employer failure to pay
New York car insurance laws require vehicle owners to carry no-fault auto insurance with at least a $50,000 limit. No-fault rules essentially provide that when you are injured in a car accident, your own insurance company is generally the party that is responsible for paying your damages. Therefore, after an car accident, your carrier should automatically cover certain expenses you incur.
Unfortunately, the no-fault insurance claims process can be quite confusing. Many injured victims simply do not know their rights or how to secure a maximum compensation. It is not uncommon for victims to inadvertently overstep the strict time limit for filing the no-fault application, which can thwart chances of receiving a settlement.
It is also easy to make mistakes on the application, send it to the wrong insurer, fail to produce adequate evidence of your expenses, or otherwise hurt your case. At The Rybak Firm, PLLC an experienced New York personal injury lawyers can assist with the entire insurance process after a car accident and walk you through each step. By having a personal injury attorney, you give yourself the best opportunity for securing the funds to which you are entitled.