Car Accident Attorney Representing Injured Victims of Auto Accidents in New York
In 2014, almost 300,000 car accidents were reported in New York. Because many people who drive or ride in cars will be in an auto accident at least once in a lifetime, it is important to think about what steps you will take immediately following a car accident. If drivers or passengers in the auto accident are injured, one step you should consider is contacting Car Accident Attorney of The Rybak Law Firm, PLLC. While you are still at the car accident scene, you can do things to help your insurance claims and case go smoothly.
Steps To Take Following Car Accident
- Remain calm and look for injuries. Before you get out of your car after an accident, be sure that you are not injured. If you are injured, stay seated and wait for medical help to arrive. If you can safely get out of your car, make sure if others in the accident require medical help.
- Stay at the scene. Exchange insurance information with other drivers and call the police.
- Be polite. Do not tell the other drivers who you believe caused the accident. It’s best to not discuss the particulars of the accident with the other drivers.
- Write it down. As soon as you can, write down exactly what you remember happening. No detail is too small. You never know what information will be important. Even though an accident can have a lasting effect on you, you would be surprised at how quickly details can be forgotten. Information to write down includes:
- Where you were going, what time of day it was, who was in the car with you, who was wearing seatbelts.
- What road you were on
- The condition of the roads
- What was going on in the car right before the accident happened.
- The first time you saw the cars involved in the accident on the road.
- How the accident happened.
- What the other drivers and police officers said to you after the accident.
- Any pain, discomfort or mental anguish you experienced, and steps you took to treat your injuries.
If you have been involved in a car accident in New York, Contact New York Car Accident Lawyer of The Rybak Firm, PLLC., to determine what options you have. We have made sure that many car accident victims have gotten a full recovery after being in a car accident that was not their fault. Call 718-307-5554 today for a free consultation.
Car Accident Lawyer Near Me
Our offices are located in Brooklyn, NY. We serve the whole NYC Metro Area and represent clients in every borough of New York City. Our Car Accident Lawyers are able to travel to you if you are unable to meet at our offices due to an injury. We also provide free transportation to and from our offices.
Our office address is:
1810 Voorhies Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235