Slip and Fall Lawyers NYC Representing Victims Injured in a Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents are especially troublesome, because they can happen anywhere to anyone. The weather doesn’t have to be snowy or icy to cause a slip and fall. The truth is that most of us will suffer slip and fall at some point in our lives – and it most likely won’t be our fault.
In New York City buildings, homes, parking lots, and walkways must maintain a level of safety for those who travel on their premises. This is referred to as premises liability. It means that if a person is injured on someone’s property – due to their negligence – the injured person could be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost time at work, and more.
7 Steps to Take following Slip and Fall Accident in New York
The first steps taken following a slip and fall are crucial to building your personal injury claims. That’s why we’ve put together a list of 7 steps to take following slip and fall accidents.
- Medical Help – Your health – or the health of a friend of loved one – is your top priority. Seek medical attention immediately. With injuries documented, you’ll be able to provide proof if you choose to seek compensation for your medical bills.
- Report It – If you fell in a store, apartment building, your friend’s house, or anywhere else, make sure you report it to the manager, owner, or landlord. Ask the business manager or landlord to make a report of the accident and obtain a copy before you leave.
- Keep Calm – If you’re injured on a homeowner’s property, remain calm and limit your communication with them for the time being. Don’t get angry or upset, because it won’t change what’s already happen. Focus on what’s important: getting treatment for your injuries.
- Take Photos – Document the EXACT location where you fell, including stairs, railings, ice patches, or any other condition that contributed to the fall. It’s important to document the date and time of the slip and fall, because evidence can disappear and conditions can change.
- Get the Info – Collect names, phone numbers, and addresses of any possible witnesses. This will help prove your version of events down the road.
- Shoes and Clothing – Place the shoes and clothing you were wearing during the slip and fall in a safe storage place. They may be relevant evidence at a later date.
- Contact an Attorney – When considering legal action, the best person on your side is an experienced Slip and Fall Lawyers NYC. Since many slip and fall accidents are difficult to prove, you need the resources and knowledge of an experienced personal injury law firm and attorneys. An experienced Slip and Fall Lawyers have the knowledge, and history of success to recover the money you deserve.
Slip and Fall Attorney Near Me
We are located in Brooklyn, NY. We serve the whole NYC Metro Area and represent clients in every borough of NYC. Our Slip and Fall Lawyers are able to travel to you if you are unable to meet at our offices due to an injury. We also provide free transportation to and from our offices.
Our office address is:
1810 Voorhies Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235
Contact an experienced Slip and Fall Lawyers NYC of The Rybak Firm, PLLC., for a Free Consultation. Complete the “Contact Us” form on the website or Call 718-307-5554 (24/7)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.