Slip and Fall Lawyer Representing Injured Victims in New York
Many slip and fall accidents go unclaimed and unreported because people are embarrassed and often blame themselves. Rather than to recognize the true cause of the slip and fall, injured victims blame the accident on their own clumsiness. Due to this self-placed blame, the responsible party for the hazardous conditions causing the slip and fall are held unaccountable.
Many people may figure that a twisted ankle or sprained wrist isn’t worth a lawsuit. While understand the desire not to make a big deal over a minor injury, we still think injured parties are making a mistakes. When victims fail to report an accident or to file a claim, the hazard remains and can eventually claim another victim, while the injuries may be more severe than the previous victim’s.
Serious Injury Is Highly Probable In Slip and Fall Accidents
Mayo Clinic reports that, over 10 million people a year suffer from slip and fall injuries. The National Safety Council suggests that falling accidents are one of the leading causes of unintentional injuries in the United States and considers falls as the number one danger for people over 65 years of age.
Many different factors cause accidental falls; the real danger lies in the severity of the injuries they cause.
Common types of painful and traumatic fall injuries include:
- Pulled muscles and stretched tendons. Reflexes like tensing your muscles and twisting your body in anticipation of a painful fall can result in the overextension of tendons or the painful stretching of muscles.
- Sprained and broken wrists and ankles. Your common impulse when you fall is to catch yourself. Unfortunately, attempting to stabilize yourself can cause you to twist your ankles, put too much pressure on your hands, or place too much weight onto delicate bones in the wrists and ankles, causing them to snap.
- Fractured clavicles. Falling forward can your chest into the ground. If your collarbone strikes the ground first, the impact force of the fall could cause your clavicle to shatter.
- Tailbone bruises or fractures. If you fall backward, the natural reaction is to extend your buttocks in order to absorb the impact on the softest part of your body. Unfortunately, the force of the fall could be so great that it travels through your tail bone, causing immense bruising and even breakage.
- Spinal cord injuries. Falling on your back could cause the majority of the force to be exerted on your spine. That much force could cause vertebrae to chip, nerves to become damaged, and even permanent destruction to your spinal cord itself.
- Head and brain injuries. Your skull is attached to your body by small bones, and when you fall on your back or your chest, your neck acts as a whip to your skull: the impact force travels up your neck and whips your skull back. This not only causes whiplash and neck injuries, but it could add additional force to your head as it strikes the ground. This force can cause skull fractures, bruising, and brain damage.
Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Help You Recover Compensation For Your Injuries
When injured in a slip and fall accident, no matter how severe the damage is, you deserve proper compensation for the harm done. Sadly, what you deserve isn’t always what you get. Insurance companies are very good at confusing the issues and falsely denying claims. However, we can help you!
Don’t allow a slip and fall injury to drag you down, especially when we’re here to help. A slip and fall injury has the potential to cause you severe physical and financial harm.
Call us today (718)307-5554 to speak with an exprienced Slip and Fall Lawyer NYC and to schedule a Free Consultation.
Slip and Fall Attorneys Near Me
We are located in Brooklyn, NY near Sheepshead Bay Train Station, Emmons Ave, Sheepshead Bay Road, Ocean Ave. Although our offices are in Brooklyn, NY we serve the whole NYC Metro Area and represent clients in every borough of New York. Our Accident Lawyers are able to travel to you if you are unable to meet at our offices due to an injury. We provide free transportation to and from our offices.
Our office address is:
1810 Voorhies Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.