New York Slip and Fall Lawyers
Slip and Fall and Trip and Fall Accidents are unfortunate regardless of how or where they occur, and very often are the cause of serious injuries. In New York if you are injured due to carelessness or negligence of someone else, you may have a right to recover for damages. The person or entity responsible for injuries may be required to pay medical costs, out-of-pocket expenses, and pain and suffering. However, New York negligence law is complicated. There are several obstacles to overcome.
5 Steps to take in a Slip and Fall, Trip and Fall Accidents
In any slip and fall accident situation, tend to any immediate injuries and then obtain as much information as possible. Every piece of information may be important especially when pursuing a lawsuit.
1. Take pictures and videos, most cell phone are equipped with a digital camera.
2. Write down names of witnesses and anyone whose help was offered at the scene, or any statements made by someone in possession and/or control of the property, these steps can mean the difference in the outcome of a slip and fall lawsuit.
3. Seek medical help. A doctor needs to examine the injuries.
4. The level of pain, discomfort and how the injuries had affected daily activities, are important for a doctor to know and needs to be documented in the doctor’s report.
5. A serious injury may hinder an ability to perform normal daily tasks and work. Time lost from work should be documented.
Slip and Fall, Trip and Fall Claim New York
In a car accident you can exchange insurance information with the drivers, or present to the police on the scene of the accident. However, in a slip and fall and trip and fall accidents whether it happened in a store, near or on a construction site, or on a sidewalk, insurance information exchange with an owner of the property, is unlikely.
For help with with any aspect of a Slip and Fall Accidents contact a Slip and Fall Lawyers NYC of The Rybak Firm, PLLC., for a FREE CONSULTATION AND CASE REVIEW.
Slip and Fall Attorney Near Me
We are located in Brooklyn, NY. We serve the whole NYC Metro Area and represent clients in every borough of NYC. Our Accident Lawyers are able to travel to you if you are unable to meet at our offices due to an injury. We also provide free transportation to and from our offices.
Our office address is:
1810 Voorhies Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235